Posted On: 4/01/2011
Position: Full Time - Hourly
Vermeer Great Plains has an immediate opening in our Parts Department located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. We are looking for a person excited about an opportunity and willing to make a difference.
The Parts Specialist is a highly visible company representative who is responsible for ensuring that internal and external customers receive outstanding service. He or she is responsible for increasing parts sales by establishing and building credibility, confidence, and personal relationships with our customers. The Parts Specialist job is a multifaceted position that combines elements of sales, customer service, order writing, purchasing, warehousing and shipping/receiving.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cheerfully greet both internal and external customers in person and on the telephone.
- Accurately determine the correct make, type, quantity and quality of merchandise required.
- Use web based parts catalogs, printed parts manuals, and vendor product catalogs to correctly identify replacement part stock numbers and prices.
- Complete transactions by accurately entering data into business management system, obtaining payment or credit authorization, issuing the correct parts, and presenting the customer with a sales receipt.
- Source, order, receive, and issue parts that are not in-stock locally.
- Quickly and efficiently receive, check-in, put away, and process stock and non-stock parts orders.
- Accurately pull, pack, and ship orders for delivery via UPS, FED EX, LTL carriers, and local couriers.
- Ensure that customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient.
- Maintain shelf stock, product presentation, and the appearance of parts showroom area to company standards.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and professional personal appearance.
- Perform other tasks, duties, and assignments as required.
Experience: At least 6 months parts experience.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Some college or technical school preferred, however it is not required.
Skills: Strong verbal communication skills, ability to multi-task and function accurately at a fast pace under pressure, strong computer skills, problem solving ability, mechanical aptitude, superior customer service skills, attention to detail, ability to interpret and understand parts diagrams and electrical/hydraulic schematics.
Physical abilities: The position requires standing, leaning, twisting, bending, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 70 lbs. Safely operate a Fork Lift and other light construction equipment, operate standard office equipment.
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
· If interested, click on link to apply on line.
· Pay is commensurate with experience.